What are Google Local Service Ads for Lawyers?
Google has made a highly prominent digital advertising offering that lawyers, like you, need to know about: Local Services Ads (LSAs).
LSAs offer you a brief ad in a box at the very top of Google search results—even above traditional Paid Search ads, and way above the links to organic website results.
Local Service Ads stand out because they include attorney photos and a “Google Screened” badge as a potentially powerful signal of trust to your potential clients.
This type of Google ad has been around a few years but previously was limited to other industries and markets. Now that Google has opened LSAs to the legal industry, many firms could find them a potent way to add clients and grow revenue.
If you ignore this eye-catching category, you may find your competition leap-frogging ahead of you.
5 Things You Need to Know About Local Service Ads for Lawyers
Here is Firmidable’s list of LSA quirks that make them so different.
1. Your firm’s physical location is a major driver of who sees the ads. As the name indicates, they are for people seeking local services. Proximity matters.
2. The ads answer search queries from people indicating a “strong intent” to find a lawyer, letting you reach a highly desirable audience.
3. The ads include your Google star rating, so they make paying attention to your online reviews more important than ever.
4. To get the “Google Screened” checkmark badge, your firm must undergo a license, insurance and background check from Google.
5. You only pay for valid leads, not for every click like other online ads.
Google changes things up all the time. But every now and then, one of its changes is an actual game-changer. This could be one of those times.
Firmidable can help you determine if LSAs are right for your firm, and we can manage your campaign to maximize the results. If you’re ready to learn more, just ask for a complimentary consultation.
Firmidable has been a national expert in legal marketing for almost 30 years. It brings law firms customized, data-driven marketing strategies and services, including online and traditional media for a wide range of legal practices. From Maine to Hawaii, it has transformed the lives of attorneys—and their clients.